Getting a massage is a great way to relax and improve your overall health, mood and well being. But in order to achieve the level of relaxation desired, your mind must be free from distraction and unhindered by doubt or confusion. As gay men, sometimes we feel more comfortable in the presence of other gay men and as such, would prefer a gay male massage therapist working on us while we're in an exposed state. It's important while getting a massage, that you are completely comfortable and able to let your guard down to receive the full benefits the session can provide.
- Know what you want before you search - Before contacting potential masseurs, you'll want to decide exactly what type of services you are looking for.
- First you'll need to select the type of massage you want. Do you want something that's strictly therapeutic, or more on the wild side? Or perhaps a combination of both?
- Then you'll need to choose whether you want an In Call (where you go to the masseur's location) or an Out Call (where the masseur comes to you) session.
- Last, you'll want to figure out what your budget is and exactly how much you are willing to spend.
Once you have made up your mind about what you want from the massage, you're ready to start your search.
- Read a Masseur's Profile thoroughly - Each masseur's profile provides detailed information on the services they provide. In most cases, many questions you may have are already answered within the profile. Some profiles are more detailed than others, but it's important to read each profile thoroughly. You may find that a masseur offers additional services, is featuring a special, or even provides specific information on the best way and time to contact them. You'll also find this makes the booking process faster and smoother, because the masseur is not answering questions that have already been addressed in their profile. Reading the masseur's profile is also a good time to come up with any questions you may have.
- Therapeutic vs. Erotic, Understanding the "Code" - One of the great things about a site like MassageM4M.com is
that you have the option of selecting the exact type of massage you are
looking for. You'll find everything from strictly therapeutic, to
erotic & exciting and everything in between. But since Erotic
Massage can be a taboo subject, some masseurs are more suggestive than
direct when it comes to advertising these services. The key to figuring
this out is by understanding the different types of massage listed.
On MassageM4M.com, you'll find three basic types of massage: Therapeutic, Sensual and Erotic.
You may find a masseur only offers one of these styles, or a
combination of a few. Here's a basic explanation of each of the three
- Therapeutic - Therapeutic Massage consists of the working of superficial and deeper layers of muscle and connective tissue using various techniques, to enhance function, aid in the healing process, and promote relaxation and well-being. This would be a similar style of massage that you may find at your local day spa.
- Sensual - Sensual Massage typically features the touching and rubbing of the entire body including the more erogenous zones to increase stimulation. This type of massage may not be overtly sexual, but offer sensual elements.
- Erotic - Typically an Erotic Massage consists of both you and the massage therapist being nude and usually includes a release (aka "happy ending") for you. Again, each masseur has a different style and an experience with one masseur may not be identical to another. You should always communicate exactly what you are looking for with your therapist. One last thing to mention...just because a masseur offers erotic services does not mean they are an escort. Do not assume they are going to take it to the next level. Some masseurs do offer escort services, but unless they openly advertise otherwise, don't assume. Likewise, if a masseur does provide escort services, and offers an "upgrade" of sorts, do not feel obligated to do anything you don't want to.
As we mentioned, some masseurs may offer a combination of these types of massage. For example you may find a therapist who offers a strictly therapeutic massage, while another masseur offers a Therapeutic & Sensual session. As with any aspect to your upcoming massage, your best option is to ask the masseur when you make your appointment for any special requests or requirements you may have.
- Double check the Masseurs Location - Just because a masseur is listed in a particular city, doesn't mean he is physically located and immediately available there. It could be a masseur from a neighboring city/town who services your area or a masseur visiting the location for a specific time. You'll want to verify that the massage therapist you are considering is available in your area at the time you want. Most masseurs list the home city where they are based, along with their nearest cross street. This information is extremely helpful, especially if you are trying to find a masseur in a specific part of town.
- Read the Reviews - This is one of the best features to help you pick a masseur. Massage Reviews are written by real clients, just like you and can help you understand in more detail the experience each therapist offers. In addition to listing reviews within the masseurs profiles, MassageM4M also provides a summary of the most recent male massage reviews by city. Just like reading reviews of local business, these testimonials will provide insight to the good, the bad and the mediocre. Of course you'll want to remember that each massage experience is different, so don't let one bad comment outweigh 10 good ones.
- Move on if a Masseur does not get back to you in a timely fashion - On rare occasions you may contact a masseur and not get a reply. If you find yourself in this situation, check the Masseur's Profile to make sure they did not list a prefered method of contact. For example, you may have emailed him, but he only makes appointment by phone. Another instance is the therapist is out of town or temporarily unavailable and did not inactivate his profile. If after a few attempts, a masseur does not respond to you, your best bet is to move on to a different masseur.
- Don't be afraid to ask questions - Probably the most important tip of all! Remember, the whole point of the massage is to pamper yourself, so be sure that you enter the appointment completely comfortable. If you are unsure about anything, just ask. Your massage therapist should be able to answer any questions you have prior to the appointment. One the same hand, remember to be respectful and understand there are certain topics that some masseurs may not be comfortable discussing.
- Agree on everything beforehand - Like we mentioned before, it's important to go into your session comfortable and without confusion. Be sure you discuss:
- exactly what you want,
- the rate to be paid,
- length of appointment
during the booking process. The last thing you want is to arrive expecting something, only to be disappointed.
- Communicate changes - Be sure to communicate any changes with your masseur. If you're running late, have to postpone or cancel an appointment, let the masseur know as soon as possible. Remember this is a business for them and last minute cancellations are never pleasant for anyone. On the contrary, your massage therapist should also communicate any changes with you as well.
- Tipping - If you enjoyed your session, it is customary to tip your massage therapist. Of course tipping is not required and not necessarily considered bad form if you choose not to tip. There is no standard for the amount of the tip, just go with how you feel at the end.
We hope these tips have brought some insight and will help you when booking your next gay massage. If you have any questions or need additional guidance in finding a gay massage, the excellent support staff at MassageM4M.com is always happy to help.
Ready to book your next male massage appointment? Start your search of a gay male masseur now.